Catalina has an
excellent cafeteria, and students are encouraged to participate in our
program. All school meals include a choice of white or chocolate milk.
Alhambra District Child Nutrition Department
Child Nutrition breakfast and lunch programs receive federal
reimbursement to assist families and students. We wholeheartedly
support the U.S.D.A. School Meal Initiative underscoring our national
health responsibilities to assist in preventing America's high rates of
heart disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancer through good
Students are required to learn a code that is
assigned only to that student. Student numbers are required for all
students eating a school meal, whether it is paid, reduced, or free.
Please help your child memorize this number and ensure they do not share
it with other students. If a student leaves the district and has
unused money on their accounts, refunds can be made through the
Reminders to Parents :
- Meal account deposits can be made by a student or parent each morning between 7:00 and 7:25 a.m.
- When a student's meal account has only two meals remaining, the student will be reminded by the cafeteria clerk.
student must have money in his/her account or lunch money for the day
in order to receive a hot lunch. Charges for meals are not allowed.
with a "zero" account balance and no lunch money for the day will be
given an alternate meal of a peanut butter sandwich, cheese wedge,
carrot and celery sticks, an apple, and milk. There is a normal lunch
charge for this type of meal.
- Students are to safeguard their
meal number. As per federal regulations, individual meal numbers are not
to be used by any other student.
- During student meal service,
no outside food service (i.e. McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc.) is allowed in
the cafeteria. Sack lunches are permitted, but homemade food may only
be consumed by the child bringing such food. Due to County and State
health requirements, homemade baked goods cannot be brought to school
and distributed to other students.
- Milk can be purchased for
$.25 or $1.25 for a 5-day ticket. Soda pop or other carbonated beverages
are not allowed with either school meals or sack lunches.
- All students attending field trips will be provided school sack lunches.
Behavior in the Cafeteria
school rules will apply when students are in the cafeteria or are
traveling between classrooms and the cafeteria. Misbehaving students
may also be assigned lunch detention and/or may be kept inside during
their assigned recess time to assist in cleaning the cafeteria.
- All food and drink are to be consumed only in the cafeteria.
- Students are to file into the seats as directed by the teacher without waiting for friends.
- Students are to use "inside" voices, speaking to their immediate neighbors only. Standing or shouting is not permitted.
- Students are to use proper table manners at all times.
- Students are not to leave their seat for any reason before raising their hand and obtaining permission.
dismissed from the cafeteria, students are to stay out of unauthorized
areas and on specified walkways without cutting through classroom areas.
They are to walk directly to the playground, and remain there until the duty teachers signal that it is time to go inside.
on the playground, students are to stay in designated areas, without
leaving the playground or going into other areas without teacher
- When returning to class, students are to do so
quickly, quietly, and orderly, entering campus through the center or
east gates on the north side of the playground.